TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. We have high standards regarding hygiene and Health & Safety practice. If sponges are used we use a clean sponge for each face; brushes are cleaned regularly throughout each event in a mild antibacterial water bath. All equipment and paints are cleaned thoroughly after each event.
2. To ensure we can keep our hygiene practice maintained, we politely request that no one, other than the face painter touch the paints, brushes and other products being used. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
3. Please note, that all cosmetic products, on rare occasions can cause skin reactions. Therefore we highly recommend that people with skin allergies or sensitive skin should either, not participate or have a patch test at the beginning of the event. The decision to take part is at the individuals and/or responsible adults discretion. The paints and products used are all professional cosmetic grade and therefore have been tested and meet EU and FDA requirements. However people with allergies should take caution as with anything they may apply to their skin. We cannot be held responsible for skin reactions.
4. Children under the age of 14 years will need to be accompanied by an adult to give permission before we can begin face painting.
5. CHILDREN MUST BE 3YRS OLD. For safety and insurance reasons we are unable to paint anyone under the age of 36 months. This is in line with the manufactures recommendation.
6. We do not paint anyone who presents as unwilling to take part. This includes sleeping children. Children must be able to sit still unaided by the parent/carer.
7. Unfortunately we will not be able to paint anyone who appears ill, including but not limited to; coughs/colds, chicken pox (at any stage of healing), cold sores, broken skin or any contagious condition due to contamination of paints and products. This is in everyone’s best interests. We hold the right to refuse painting anyone whom we feel may put themselves, others or our equipment at risk by cross contamination.
8. We reserve the right to cease painting if the conduct of anyone in attendance acts in a way that the face painter feel inappropriate or causes harm or may cause harm to the people taking part, the face painter or the face painter’s equipment.
9. We cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects that other entertainment might have on the face painting, such as sweat (bouncy castles), water etc and do not guarantee time to re paint designs because of this. BOUNCY CASTLES - Please check with the company you are hiring the bouncy castle from that they allow Face Paints. Many companies are more than happy for children to bounce with face paints, but there are a few that have strict policies, so to avoid disappointments on the day, we advise you check with them at time of booking.
10. For private parties and events, it is the responsibility of the organiser to obtain permission from parent/carers for all children expected to take part.
11. We are unable to take responsibility for the welfare or safety of any person waiting in line. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
12. Please ensure adequate lighting and that the face painter is positioned at the furthest possible distance from any sound systems and/or physical activity i.e. children running/playing, where the face painter maybe accidentally knocked.
13. If the event is outdoors and we experience severe weather i.e. heavy rain or strong winds, Face Painter will discuss with the organiser the potential of relocating to a sheltered area or other options to enable the activity to continue.
14. Face paints are water based and can be removed very easily with soap and water. We do not advise using baby wipes to remove the paint as these are not meant for use on the face and contain ingredients that may react with the face paint causing it to stain the skin.
15. There are some face paints that will occasionally leave a slight stain on the skin. We would recommend washing the area with soap and water twice. This will remove any hint of remaining colour.
16. As paints are water based they should not leave stains on clothing. However we cannot be held responsible to damage of clothing or property. We recommend participants should avoid placing their painted faces on clothes/material.
18. We do not paint anything that the face painter deems offensive, obscene or inappropriate for the event or age group.
19. We request that anyone wishing to have their face painted should be ready to take part with a clean dry face.
20. We request that participants do not eat or drink whilst taking part as this could contaminate the paints and products.
21. We quote and work on a one design per child/adult basis unless you specifically request otherwise.
22. For Corporate events where face painting is being offered to the open public, the Face Painter will keep a close eye on the time and number of children waiting. If need be, the face Painter will close the line in advance to ensure they are able to complete all the participants currently waiting by the end of the event and finish on time.
23. Once the line has been closed, no one other than the people in the line will be painted.
24. We have Public Liability Insurance. A copy can be seen upon request.
25. In the very unlikely event that the face painter is unwell or have to cancel due to extreme circumstances, we will make every effort to find a replacement artist, if this is not possible you will be refunded in full.
26. We kindly request that the face painter work in a smoke free environment.
27. Private parties/events will require paying a 50% non-refundable booking fee, to be paid via BACS. We are unable to secure your date/time until the booking fee is received. Payment details will be explained on your invoice.
28. Reducing the time booked within 4 weeks of the party/event will be liable to pay 50% of the time cancelled i.e. If booked for 3 hours, but then request to reduce this to 2 hours within 4 weeks of the event, client will be required to pay for the full 2 hours and 50% of the cancelled hour.
29. Complete Cancellation by the customer within one week of the event will be liable to pay 100% of the fee, due immediately.
30. Booking fees are non refundable and non transferable, unless there are extenuating circumstances and only given at the discretion of the owner.
31. Your remaining balance is due 48 hours before the date of your booking via bank transfer.
32. By booking with Daisy Jane’s Face Painting you accept the terms and conditions above. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate & Small Events
33. Corporate & Larger Event bookings are requested to pay in full within 30 days of invoice or immediately after the work is completed if the invoice happens to be sent more than 30 days before the actual event date. If for any reason payment is not received within the time frame requested, late fees will be applied at £5 per day.
34. Cancellation within 4 weeks prior to the event will be liable to pay 50% of the total fee.
35. Reducing the time booked within 4 weeks of the event will be liable to pay 50% of the time cancelled i.e. If booked for 3 hours, but then request to reduce this to 2 hours within 4 weeks of the event, client will be required to pay for the full 2 hours and 50% of the cancelled hour.
37. Complete Cancellation within one week of the event will be liable to pay 100% of the fee.
38. To secure a booking, we kindly request a completed booking form. This can be found in the booking section of this website, or link can be sent on request.
39. Booking fees are non refundable and non transferable, unless there are extenuating circumstances and only given at the discretion of the owner.
40. By booking with Daisy Jane’s Face Painting you accept the terms and conditions above. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
Many Thanks and I look forward to seeing you soon!